Christmas season happenings:
Saturday, Dec. 5
• Catholic Church Christmas Bazaar, 9 a.m. — 2 p.m.
• Home Spun Craft Bazaar at the Harney County Fairgrounds, 9 a.m. — 2 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 6
• Chamber Music Society Christmas Concert at 3 p.m. at the Harney County Church of the Nazarene
Celebrate the holiday season as the Chamber Music orchestra, bell choir, and choir perform your favorite holiday music.
Friday, Dec. 11
• Oard’s annual Christmas Open House from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. at Oards Gallery & Museum on Highway 20.
Get your Christmas shopping done at Oard’s this year. There is new jewelry — including opals, Black Hills gold, Zuni inlaid jewelry, and Paiute and Navajo jewelry. Everything in the store is 10 percent off, excluding the mini mart. Hors d’oeuvres, wine and beer will be served.
Saturday, Dec. 12
• Downtown Christmas Jamboree and Parade
The schedule of events is as follows:
8 a.m. —10 a.m. Breakfast with Santa at Burns Elks Lodge
10 a.m. — 2 p.m. Games at Martial Arts America
10 a.m. — 2 p.m. Making Crafts at Country Lane Quilts
10 a.m. — 2 p.m. Face painting by Burns Christian Church at Children’s Barn
10 a.m. — 2 p.m. Cookie Decorating by Sweet & Unique at Bella Java
10 a.m. — 2 p.m. Balloon creations at Desert Dream Thrift Store
Noon — 2 p.m. Pictures with Santa at Ruthie’s
Noon — 2 p.m. Candy Cane Toss at Arrowhead Plaza
10 a.m. — 4 p.m. Nativity Set displays at Burns Garage
10 a.m. — 4 p.m. Specialty Vendors at Community Center
10 a.m. — 4 p.m. Gingerbread House Judging at Community Center
10 a.m. — 4 p.m. Coloring Contest and Cider at Broadway Deli
2 p.m. Canned Food Movie at Desert Historic Theater
5 p.m. Broadway Lighted Christmas Parade sponsored by Umpqua Bank ($100-1st place; $40-2nd place; $10-3rd place)
5:30 p.m. Bonfire with Santa at the Christmas Tree across from Safeway
Sunday, Dec. 13
• Enjoy carols this Christmas season! Carols by Candlelight at 7 p.m. at the Harney County Church of the Nazarene.
• Round Barn Visitor Center Christmas Open House from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. Come and enjoy the wonderful selection of: Wyoming Trader’s concealed carry vests, winter coats, vests and hats, men’s colored twill work shirts; new selection of Moore Maker knives and fencing tools; new selection of polished aluminum serving ware; new selection of Bandana by American West purses and wallets, concealed carry purses; Jeremiah Watts stainless steel bits and spurs.
Saturday, Dec. 19
• Well, it’s almost Christmas. You won’t want to miss out on finding those last minute items. Stop by the Last Chance Christmas Bazaar from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. at Hines City Hall.