All students who plan to participate in fall sports at Burns High School (BHS) and Hines Middle School will need to have the following forms completed and placed on file in the office of their school:
• Physical Examination Form (A physical is required every two years). If a student’s physical is current, they will need to complete only Part 1.
• Insurance and Athletic Participation Consent form. This form is consent for participation, authorization for medical treatment, and verification of insurance.
• Student Athlete Drug Testing Consent Form.
• Extra Curricular Participation Policy agreement.
• IMPACT permission form for concussion baseline testing.
• Code of Conduct agreement.
Forms may be picked up at the school offices or from a fall sports coach. ALL FORMS MUST BE TURNED IN BEFORE ATHLETES WILL BE ALLOWED TO PRACTICE.
The first day of practice for high school athletics will be Monday, Aug. 14. The following times have been set for practices:
FOOTBALL: The first week: 6-8:30 a.m. and 5-7:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Practices on Tuesday and Thursday 5-7:30 p.m. Meet at the BHS practice field. Equipment checkout will be Friday, Aug. 4, at 4 p.m. in the BHS weight room. Practices are tentative, and changes may be announced after first practice.
Head Coach: Terry Graham
VOLLEYBALL: 7-9:30 a.m., 4:30-7 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Tuesday and Thursday practices 4:30-7 p.m. Meet at BHS gym. Practices are tentative, and changes may be announced after first practice.
Head Coach: Paula Toney
CROSS COUNTRY: First practice Monday, Aug. 14, at 6 a.m. Meet at BHS track.
Head Coach: Andrea Letham
CHEERLEADING: First practice: Monday, Aug. 14, at 6 a.m. Meet at BHS.
Coach: Stephanie Howes
Coaches will inform the athletes of changes in practice times for the remainder of the week, if changes occur.
Hines Middle School athletes should be prepared to start practice on the first day of school, which is Tuesday, Aug. 22.
If you have any questions, you may contact Paula Toney, athletic/activities director at BHS, 573-2044 ext. 224.